We all have that one friend or sister that is absolutely obsessed with chocolate. If you don’t know that person, then it’s probably you. This recipe is so delicious AND you can have it done in less than 15 minutes! It’s quick, simple, and healthy. And I promise you, no one will be able to tell the difference.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
1- 1 avocado
2- 1 banana
3- 4 tablespoons of raw cocoa powder
4- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey
5- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
6- A pinch of sea salt
HOW TO GET IT DONE, SON:
This is dead simple. Are you ready?
Just grab all your ingredients, throw them in a blender and blitz. Tada! You’re done! No really, you’re done.
I’d recommend refrigerating it for at least an hour before eating. This recipe is so versatile you can top it with whatever you’ve got on hand. I topped them with raspberries, coconut flakes, and more sea salt because I love the contrast!
Go straight-up bananas with me and give this recipe a shot! You won’t regret it, I promise!
And, while you’re here, follow me on Instagram please:)
There’s just something about going to bed knowing that when you wake up a delicious, healthy and easy breakfast will be sitting there just waiting to greet you. It puts a little spring in my step in the morning when my alarm goes off (and by my alarm, I mean my husband’s).
Last night I whipped out one of my trusty mason jars and a few ingredients I had in my pantry and put together this oh-so-delicious and good for you spiced-chocolate chia seed pudding. It’s so ridiculously simple and good I see no reason why I can’t have it every morning!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2/3 a cup of organic chia seeds
- 2 cups of almond, soy or coconut milk
- 1 vanilla pod or organic vanilla bean paste
- date syrup or honey to taste
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 2 cloves
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
How to get it done, son:
- Grab yourself a mason jar or an air-tight container.
- Dump all aforementioned ingredients in said container.
- Mix well.
- Shut container and throw into the fridge.
- Leave in fridge overnight.
- In the morning, take out of fridge, plop into bowl and add whatever the heck you feel like adding.
- Voila! You’re good to go!
You’re going to love this recipe. I promise.
- Chocolate. Check.
- Cinnamon. Check.
- Easy recipe. Check.
- Healthy. Check.
- Quick. Check.
What more could you possibly want?
Go straight-up bananas with me and give this easy raw, vegan breakfast bowl of goodness a try and let me know how it goes.
Oh, and add me on Instagram!
The idea for this raw vegan spiced-chocolate tart came to me the other night, while I was sleeping. I kid you not, I woke my husband up and was like: “What if I made a spiced chocolate tart! 😐 ” Needless to say, he doesn’t remember this happening. lol
So the recipe itself has been brewing in my mind for few days now, until finally this morning I decided screw it, what’s the worst that come happen?
I soaked some cashews in water and like a mad scientist, started imagining what ingredients I should put into my tart. And I’ve got to say, I pretty damn pleased with the outcome.
Cashew soaking time and tart setting time aside, the recipe took me 15 minutes flat to assemble. I’m not even kidding.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1 cup of almond mill
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of melted organic coconut oil
- Organic vanilla extract
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of date syrup
- A pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of organic vanilla extract
- 300 gm of soaked cashew nuts (soaked for over 4 hours)
- Strawberries to top with
Here’s how it’s done, son:
- First, make the crust by mixing the almond mill, dates, vanilla, seasalt and coconut oil in a food processor until it has a crumbly texture.
- With one of those pie pans with the removable sides, press the crust mixture down until nice and firm.
- Then, in a blender blend the rest of the ingredients together on high for 2-4 minutes until mixture is so creamy you want to bathe in it forever.
- Pour mixture onto the crust and let set in freezer for at least two hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, decorate with the strawberries and let it set out of the freezer for at least 20 minutes so that it has a nice chewy consistency, not still frozen.
- Enjoy 🙂
Do you understand how ridiculously simple this recipe is? Yet, it looks, tastes and will make you feel magnificent! I see now reason why you shouldn’t go straight-up bananas and try this raw vegan spiced chocolate tart right now! It’s friggin good and it’s got no processed crap which means it’s easy on your temple AND you get to satisfy you sweet tooth cravings! Sounds like a win-win to me! No?
Go ahead, go for it. And if you’ve got any questions ask me in the comment section below.
Oh, and why don’t you follow me on Instagram?
A little preview of yesterday’s vegan cheesecake for the dinner party of 9 people! I can’t believe I cooked that much food without totally losing it at one point!
It’s a bad quality photo–I know, but you get the point.
#goodtimes #vegan #raw #rawvegan #veganfoodlovers #plant #cheesecake #dessert #foodporn #foodgasm #fit #straightupbananas #fruit #fruitporn #freinds #food #weekend (at Remraam)
Day 3 of my veggie diet and these beauties have came to life before my eyes.
These are raw vegan strawberry and fig chewy cashews bars. Recipe is up on the blog 🙂
They almost look too pretty to eat…almost…
What are you having for lunch today?
#straightupbananas #raw #vegan #recipe #rawvegan #veganfoodlovers #bestoftheday #bestofvegan #whatveganseat #veganfood #veganfoodshare #vegetarian #fruit #fruitporn #gloobyfood #uae #beautiful #amazing #loveyourself #love #foodpicsbruh #food #foodporn #foodgasm #feedfeed #feedfeedvegan #gloobyfood #buzzfeedfood (at Sufooh Beach)
A little part of me wants to extend my weekend and take today off as well. Feeling super lethargic, but what did I expect from an entire week of hard-core face-stuffing!
I hereby vow to be kinder to my body this week.
This morning’s breakfast is an almond milk chia seed pudding topped with some fresh fruits and maple syrup.
#organic #vegan #raw #rawvegan #veganfoodlovers #bestoftheday #bestofvegan #straightupbananas #yum #mandala #food #foodporn #foodgasm #dubaifood #dubaifoodie #foodblogger #bekind #respectyourbody #love #loveyourself #fruit #fruitporn (at Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
Okay so I most definitely know what my next kitchen escapade is going to be! How ridiculously delicious do these look? Holy bananas! 🍌🍌
#weekend #goals #chocolatecoveredkatie #katie165k #straightupbananas #yum #delicious #healthy #vegan #raw #rawvegan #need #getfit #getinmybelly #food #foodporn #foodgasm #dessert