Primavera means spring in Latin. And a pasta primavera is quintessential for any Italian spread during the spring–filled with everything green and plenty of cream, it makes for the ultimate comfort food.
Fortunately for me, my newly-started vegan diet to atone for the food that I ate during the weekend, forced me to come up with my new plantbased spin on the famous Italian dish.
Ladies and gentlemen, I bring to you a foolproof, quick and easy vegan pasta primavera.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 chopped garlic
- 1 grated zucchini
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of warm water
- 2 sprigs of spring onions
- The juice of 1 lime
- Sea salt and pepper
- Buckwheat pasta
- 3 cloves of garlic, fried till golden in a pan
- 1 handful of spinach roughly chopped
- 1 handful of baby asparagus, grilled
- Zucchini ribbons (you can make these by peeling off the skin of the large zucchini with a peeler)
- Red chili flakes
- Sea salt and black pepper
How to make it:
- Make the sauce by mixing all it’s ingredients together and blending with a handmixer till smooth and creamy
- Cook the buckwheat pasta according to the instructions
- In a pan, sautee the asparagus first (because it needs more cooking time), then cook down the spinach for a minute.
- Turn off the heat, and add the zucchini ribbons
- Remove the veggies and cook the garlic until nice and golden brown
- Once the pasta is cooked, add it to the pan along with the fried garlic and veggies
- Turn off the heat, and add the pasta to a plate with the avocado sauce and mix well
- If you allow the avocado sauce to touch the heat, it’s vibrant green color will fade
Super simple and super good for you, this plant-based vegan avocado pasta primavera is packed with vitamins and is crazy easy to make. Also, it tastes AMAZEBALLS!
It’s really versatile as well . The beauty of this recipe is that you can use whatever green ingredients you have in your fridge on that day: peas, green string beans…
Go Straight-up Bananas with me and give this recipe a shot! And also, since you’re here, maybe check out my Instagram by clicking this link here? Thank you!