“Eat your vegetables.” she said, “You need fiber in your system to grow up to be big and strong.” Little did she know that I was researching the crap out of how to somehow incorporate the veggies I needed to “grow big and strong” with brownies.
This here recipe is my rendition of one I saw on Healthy Holistic Living. It’s super easy to make, super healthy and it takes no time at all!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup of mashed, boiled sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder (organic)
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
Here’s how to pull it off:
- Preheat your oven to medium heat (or about 150 c)
- Grease a loaf pan
- On low heat, melt (soften) the almond butter (so it’s easier to mix with the rest of the ingredients)
- Mix together the mashed sweet potatoes, maple syrup, almond butter and cocoa powder
- Pour mixture into loaf pan
- Put in oven for about 20-25 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool
Peanut butter topping:
- Mix the peanut butter with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (or honey) and a splash of hot water.
- Mix the ingredients well until they become nice and creamy and spreadable.
- Spread on brownies.
These brownies are as moist and fugdy as can be, I kid you not. Plus, you can have them breakfast and not worry about a damned thing. DO YOU HEAR WHAT I’M TELLING YOU!? You can have healthy vegan brownies for breakfast and absolutely NO ONE is allowed to judge you! You’re welcome. 🙂
Oh and since you’re here, why don’t you follow me on Instagram by clicking this link here and on SnapChat (Ahlam.al1). Please and thank you!