Now he’s a recipe that’ll have your Arab grandmother pulling out her hair!
Like any other patriotic Palestinian, I heart hummus–unconditionally and eternally. If it were up to me, I’d probably have it on the table for breakfast, lunch and dinner. No joke. But alas, this crazy little thing called life doesn’t always go as planned *cue dramatic music
Sometimes, to trick myself and my husband into not realizing that we’re having hummus (yet again), I like to mess with the color and taste of it.
Ladies and gents, I give to you a two-dish, 15-minute beetroot and hummus recipe that is so good, you’ll be licking your fingers after it. Plus, it’s pretty as heck!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A can of chickpeas (preferably an organic brand)
- Half a clove or garlic
- The juice of one lime/lemon
- 3 tablespoons of tahini sauce
- Some olive oil
- Sea salt
- Slices of pickled beetroot (until you get the pink that you like)
And here’s how to get it done, son:
- Stick everything in the food processor and blitz till nice and creamy
- Arrange nicely in a plate or bowl and top with some olive oil
- Serve with some toasted pita bread and you’re good to go!
Now how simple was that?!
Give this recipe a shot, please. You won’t regret it.
Oh, and since you’re here…I reckon you should follow me on Instagram by clicking this here link…and maybe Snapchat (Ahlam.al1) while you’re at it?