Here it is, ladies and gents — summer in a single salad.
Fresh, insanely easy to put together and nice and light — you can’t go wrong with serving this nice citrusy salad with any meal.
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 navel orange
- pumpkin seeds
- chili flakes
- watercress (arugula, baby spinach or chard works fine)
- olive oil
- sea salt
- mint leaves
How to make it:
- First, slice the grapefruit and orange as thin as you can without chopping off your fingers.
- Then, place on the plate you’re going to serve it in.
- Slice the white part of the fennel onto the citrus
- sprinkle on the watercress leaves, chili flakes, mint leaves and sea salt
- drizzle on some olive oil and you’re good to go!
That’s it, you’re done! It’s gorgeous, amazingly fresh and the kick of the chili adds just the right flavor to bring this fresh salad all together!
Give it a try and follow me on instagram, folks: @straightupbananas