So I’m an avid fan of all things pumpkin spiced and ’tis the season, my friends. ‘Tis the season.
This recipe is perfect as a healthy breakfast or a healthy dessert option. It’s super simple and ridiculously quick to put together. Another of my favorite things about is that it requires frozen very ripe (almost black) bananas that would have otherwise been thrown away!
Ingredients (for one bowl:
- 2 frozen bananas (as ripe as you can get them)
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree (either canned or homemade, doesn’t matter)
- 1/2 cup of Greek style coconut yogurt (you can use regular yogurt, just make sure it’s got some probiotics/live cultures)
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 2 teaspoons of ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A splash of soy milk (to get the food processor moving)
- Throw everything into your food processor and blitz till nice and creamy
- Top with anything you’d like. I’ve added salted coconut chips, pumpkin seeds and chia seeds.
I kid you not, this stuff is as good as ice cream of frozen yogurt ANYDAY! Give it a try, it’s the perfect healthy breakfast or dessert option.
Since you’re here, check out my Instagram account–purrty paleez?