So I’m frantically packing for my last-minute trip to Jordan courtesy of Movenpick Dead Sea and Petra, but I need to fuel my body..I need to have lunch or else I won’t remember all the important things I need to pack, right?
With an almost empty fridge, I was left to rummage the cupboard to see what I could make to nourish my body and here’s what I came up with, an easy, quick and healthy soba noodle salad that I could even save in the fridge for lunch the next day!
- 1 pack of soba noodles
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- Chopped coriander
- 1 cup of toasted cashews (in a pan with no oil)
- 1/2 cup of toasted sesame seeds
- 2 red chilis (depending on how hot you like it)
- Almost 2 cups of chopped mushrooms (whatever kind you have), cooked in a pan with no oil
- 3 cloves of garlic cooked in sesame oil till nice and golden and crispy
- 1 large tablespoon of creamy peanut butter
- 1 thumb of ginger, grated
- Soy sauce to taste
- The juice of 1 lime
- Rice vinegar to taste
- About 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
- About 1/2 cup of warm water from the soba noodles (adding a little bit at a time)
Here’s how it’s done:
- First, you need to toast the cashews, sesame seeds, garlic and garlic in pans individually (do not put them together in one pan because you’re lazy, they can and will burn)
- Then boil a pan of water and when the water comes to a boil, cook the soba noodles for 5 minutes (or read pack) and then drain and wash with cold water
- In a large bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients. Add some of the hot water from the noodles a little bit at a time and keep mixing till the dressing is nice and creamy
- Add all the ingredients into the bowl and toss till the noodles are mixed with the dressing
Please give this recipe a shot, it’s even easier than it sounds, I promise. Plus it’s perfect for lunch the next day!
It’s healthy, quick and easy! Go Straight-up Bananas with me and give this recipe a shot. Also, please follow me on Instagram by clicking this link 🙂