I’ve featured my super easy and healthy breakfast smoothies on the blog countless times and that’s because they are an absolute classic! No fuss, two dishes and they’ll give you that jump start you need for your day!
You could play this recipe however you like. If it’s chocolatey goodness you crave in the morning add cocoa, a banana and maybe some peanut butter? If it’s something fruity (like the picture above) add whatever berries you’ve got and whatever nuts you like! Easy peasy!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 ripe frozen bananas
- 1 cup of frozen fruit (I used strawberries)
- 2 tablespoons of grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons of flaxseeds
- 1 cup and 1/2 of soy or almond milk
- About 1/4 a cup of maple syrup, agave syrup or honey (whatever you’ve got on hand)
- 1/3 cup of breakfast oats (this adds more body to the smoothie and will help fill you up. But, it’s absolutely optional)
- A strong-ass blender!
How to get it done, son:
- Ready? Grab all your ingredients and stick them in the blender. Blend the living daylights out of it until it’s nice and creamy with an ice cream-like consistency (nice cream, get it?)
- Pour it in a bowl and top with whatever you want.
I topped yesterday’s with almond, chia seeds, strawberries and kiwi.
Remember, the smoothie can and will melt or discolor if you don’t eat (slurp) it immediately. I mean, it’s ice cream so I’m not quite sure what you were expecting…
Happy eating, ya’ll and go straight-up bananas with me and follow me on Instagram by clicking this here link and on SnapChat (Ahlam.al1).