I love fries as much as the next person. Fries are my kryptonite. I’ve recently fell head over heels in love with sweet potato fries (I can’t believe I ever hated them when I was a kid) and they’re just the perfect healthy, easy and quick alternative.
After roasting the sweet potatoes, I sprinkled on some sea salt and spring onions and served them with leftover avocado and yogurt mousse from last night’s dinner. You can find the recipe for that here.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons of flour or corn starch
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- sea salt
The method behind my madness:
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into fries
- Soak the fries in water for a few hours (preferably overnight to get extra crunchy fries)
- Preheat the oven to 150C degrees
- Drain the sweet potatoes and dry them on a paper towel
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- In a bowl, put the sweet potatoes, corn starch, garlic and olive oil and mix well
- Line the baking tray with the potatoes and put in the oven
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip the fries and bake for another 3-5 minutes
- Take out of the oven and taste to see if you need more sea salt
- Top with spring onions
Voila! These crunchy roasted sweet potato fries are the easiest, healthiest simplest are a wonderful alternative to regular deep fried French fries, and they’re absolutely loaded with flavor!
Go straight-up bananas with me and give this recipe a shot–you will not regret it, promise!
Oh, and since you’re here, follow me on Instagram please!