There’s just something about going to bed knowing that when you wake up a delicious, healthy and easy breakfast will be sitting there just waiting to greet you. It puts a little spring in my step in the morning when my alarm goes off (and by my alarm, I mean my husband’s).
Last night I whipped out one of my trusty mason jars and a few ingredients I had in my pantry and put together this oh-so-delicious and good for you spiced-chocolate chia seed pudding. It’s so ridiculously simple and good I see no reason why I can’t have it every morning!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2/3 a cup of organic chia seeds
- 2 cups of almond, soy or coconut milk
- 1 vanilla pod or organic vanilla bean paste
- date syrup or honey to taste
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 2 cloves
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
How to get it done, son:
- Grab yourself a mason jar or an air-tight container.
- Dump all aforementioned ingredients in said container.
- Mix well.
- Shut container and throw into the fridge.
- Leave in fridge overnight.
- In the morning, take out of fridge, plop into bowl and add whatever the heck you feel like adding.
- Voila! You’re good to go!
You’re going to love this recipe. I promise.
- Chocolate. Check.
- Cinnamon. Check.
- Easy recipe. Check.
- Healthy. Check.
- Quick. Check.
What more could you possibly want?
Go straight-up bananas with me and give this easy raw, vegan breakfast bowl of goodness a try and let me know how it goes.
Oh, and add me on Instagram!