The idea for this raw vegan spiced-chocolate tart came to me the other night, while I was sleeping. I kid you not, I woke my husband up and was like: “What if I made a spiced chocolate tart! 😐 ” Needless to say, he doesn’t remember this happening. lol
So the recipe itself has been brewing in my mind for few days now, until finally this morning I decided screw it, what’s the worst that come happen?
I soaked some cashews in water and like a mad scientist, started imagining what ingredients I should put into my tart. And I’ve got to say, I pretty damn pleased with the outcome.
Cashew soaking time and tart setting time aside, the recipe took me 15 minutes flat to assemble. I’m not even kidding.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1 cup of almond mill
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of melted organic coconut oil
- Organic vanilla extract
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of date syrup
- A pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of organic vanilla extract
- 300 gm of soaked cashew nuts (soaked for over 4 hours)
- Strawberries to top with
Here’s how it’s done, son:
- First, make the crust by mixing the almond mill, dates, vanilla, seasalt and coconut oil in a food processor until it has a crumbly texture.
- With one of those pie pans with the removable sides, press the crust mixture down until nice and firm.
- Then, in a blender blend the rest of the ingredients together on high for 2-4 minutes until mixture is so creamy you want to bathe in it forever.
- Pour mixture onto the crust and let set in freezer for at least two hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, decorate with the strawberries and let it set out of the freezer for at least 20 minutes so that it has a nice chewy consistency, not still frozen.
- Enjoy 🙂
Do you understand how ridiculously simple this recipe is? Yet, it looks, tastes and will make you feel magnificent! I see now reason why you shouldn’t go straight-up bananas and try this raw vegan spiced chocolate tart right now! It’s friggin good and it’s got no processed crap which means it’s easy on your temple AND you get to satisfy you sweet tooth cravings! Sounds like a win-win to me! No?
Go ahead, go for it. And if you’ve got any questions ask me in the comment section below.
Oh, and why don’t you follow me on Instagram?