So here’s the thing, I’m a bit of a pasta fanatic. If I could have it every day, I probably wouldn’t hold back. To help curb this affliction of mine, I like to make sure I never bring any of that processed white pasta crap into my home–I always have whole wheat, buckwheat, spinach or quinoa pasta at hand.Today was one of those days that I just needed me some slurpy pasta goodness. I ravaged my cupboard only to find that I was in dire need of some groceries, but in critical times, beautiful things are born. I know what you’re thinking. That’s a bit dramatic for a stupid pasta dish. And to that I say NAY! It is not. Try the recipe and you’ll understand. It’s super, super simple to make, ridiculously healthy and delicious!
So here’s what you’ll need:
- A pasta of your choice (I used whole wheat here)
- A can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A handful of torn basil leaves
- A pinch of chili pepper
- A pinch of sea salt
- Olive oil
- A handful of baby spinach
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice of half a lemon
- Some chopped spring onions
Here’s how it’s done, son:
- First, follow the instruction on your pasta box for cooking the pasta.
- Second, finely chop the garlic and fry on low till nice and golden.
- Third, in a blender, add all the rest of your ingredients except for the olive oil and sea salt and blitz together until smooth.
- Then, blend on low and drizzle in the olive oil slowly. This will help make the mixture even creamier.
- Add sea salt to taste.
- In the same frying pan that you fried the garlic, add the cooked pasta and as much sauce as needed. If you feel it’s too thick, save some starchy pasta water and add it to the sauce to loosen it up.
- Serve and top with some more chili pepper, fresh dill and spring onions.
And voila! There you go. Easy peasy. It’s so good and creamy it feels like you’re eating something naughty without upsetting your tummy! It’s so easy to make, in less than 15 minutes you’ll be chowing down on this baby.
Go straight-up bananas with me and give this recipe a shot.
Oh, and follow me on Instagram.