My tendency for unintentional self-harm has taken its toll again. I’ve gotten the one part of my body stitched up that I never even knew was possible: the sole of my foot.
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, my affliction with the infliction of self-harm is THAT advanced.
So, what do you do when you’re sentenced to bed rest for the weekend and your only means of transportation is a classy one-foot hop? You head to the kitchen and make yourself a quick, easy, and healthy soup that’ll hug you from the inside, naturally.
Look at this bad boy.
- Spring onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of coconut/soy/cow milk
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 handful of basmati rice
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 bag of frozen broccoli florets
- 2 organic bullion stock cubes
- 4 cups of hot water
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: yogurt
I know, I know. Some of the ingredients look like they should be in tortilla, not a soup–but let me tell you right now, this soup is going to be so creamy and decadent, that you won’t even be able to tell that it’s good for you. Good for me? Blekh
The Method Behind My Madness:
- First, saute the green onions, celery and garlic together.
- Then, add the boiling water, stock cubes, and basmati rice.
- After the rice is tender, add the broccoli and let cook for 5 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK THE BROC, YA HEARD!
- Now that the broccoli is a bright green, carefully ladle the broth and veg. into a food processor/blender. Add the milk and avocado and blitz until creamy, smooth, and no longer has any visible grains of rice.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Top with a dollop of fresh yogurt for extra creaminess.
I can almost guarantee you, that if you don’t tell anyone that the soup is actually PACKED with protein, anti-oxidants, vitamins, and is ridiculously good for you, they would never know the difference.
Go ahead…go straight-up bananas with me!
Your homework for today:
1. Lie to all the people you hold dear, and let me know how it went! I’d love to hear from you!
2. Follow me on Instagram by clicking here.